Its Sunday! – so First things first – a new Ice Cream Sunday Recipe! Seen as though the first one we experimented with was Bourbon (the main ingredient in the mint Julep) the second experiment had to be with Pimm’s – it was only fair, right? We think Pimm’s agrees! The fun part about this one is – to give the full Pimm’s cup effect, we added some sliced strawberries, cucumber & mint to the Pimm’s the night before to make sure the ice cream would taste like a tall glass of Pimm’s on a summer day – the outcome – AMAZING! Its such a unique flavor and you can really taste everything that goes into it which we LOVE!
Pimms Ice Cream.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Chill time: 30 mins
In the Ice cream maker: 22-25 mins
In the freezer: 3-4 hours
- Kitchenaid (or other make) Ice Cream maker attachment
Ingredients: Will make 2 quarts of Ice cream
- For the thickening add 2.5 tbsp. of cornstarch to 4 tbsp. of whole milk
- 3.5 cups Whole Milk
- 2.5 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 0.5 cup Pimm’s (place sliced strawberries, cucumber & ripped up mint into this the night before or at least an hour before making!)
- 6 tbsps cream cheese
- 0.5 tsp salt
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch & milk and set aside for now
- In a larger bowl place the cream cheese & salt and mix with a spoon until soft.
- Place all other ingredients except Pimms (milk, cream, sugar, syrup & vanilla beans) into a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the cornstarch thickening mixture.
- Place the pan back on the heat and allow it to boil for a further 2 minutes (it should thicken slightly).
- Remove the pan from the heat and take out the vanilla beans – scrape the vanilla bean puree out of each bean (some will have already come out whilst boiling), add it into the mixture in the pan and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a Pyrex jug for ease of the next part.
- Pour a ¼ of the mixture into the cream cheese bowl and whisk until smooth, keep adding a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly mixed together.
- Add the Pimm’s!! & Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a quart sized container or any container that is temperature safe.
- Place the container into a large bowl of ice water for 30 minutes (after the first 10 minutes you can place it into the fridge for faster cooling.
- Freeze the ice cream according to your ice cream maker’s instructions – of using the kitchen aid attachment let it stir (marker 1) for approximately 22-25 mins to create the perfect consistency! (tip – have the ice cream maker stirring before adding the mixture)
- Pour it from the maker into a freezer safe container & freeze for 3-4 hours or as long as you like!
- ENJOY AT LEISURE!