So, I’ve always been a HUGE cheese lover, but blue cheese joined my love affair a little later than the others…and now, like all other food in my life, i am addicted! Gorgonzola is my most recent favorite, especially for canapés like this one. Another ingredient that I also only just introduced to my plate is Endive, I have always found it slightly too bitter for my taste – but with these ingredients atop it, you just can’t go wrong! Let us know how this goes down at your next event!
Blue Cheese Endive Bites
- Endive Leaves (I used three heads of Endive)
- Craisins – handful
- pecans – handful – roughly chopped (plus some halved for garnish)
- Gorgonzola (I used 0.25lb for 20 endive leaves)
- fresh parsley roughly chopped, for garnish
- Cut the blue cheese into slices (remove skin first) and place in a shallow bowl.
- Throw in a handful of craisins
- plus a handful of roughly chopped pecans
- mix with a spatula, squishing all the ingredients together until they create a semi-smooth texture.
- ball with a melon baller or two spoons and put a ball on each endive leave
- garnish with half pecans, raisins & a sprinkle of fresh parsley
- Serve & Enjoy!