We LOVE making burgers, but always find it difficult to get that Juicy texture that restaurants seem to find so easy…well now we have found our own way! – The secret ingredient to an uber juicy burger (for us anyway…) is GREEK YOGURT! … I know I know, it seems so strange to put yogurt in your burger mix – but please try it and you will be amazed!! Juicy, juicy burgers – every time, without fail – we promise!! We can’t wait for you to try this one!! Let us know your variations if you find some!!
Try this burger with our caramelized onions recipe below:
- 1.5 lbs. Ground Beef (We use grass fed beef)
- 3 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 0.75 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 1 onion diced as finely as possible
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl - this is best done with your hands, but if you're really not a fan of that, you can use a wooden spoon!
- Create your six burgers (We use the Rosle burger press) in an equal size and place a large dent in the middle with your thumb so that your burgers will cook evenly.
- Cover your burgers and refrigerate for 15 minutes (this will help them stay together when cooking!)
- Get your burgers out and heat up butter/oil in a large skillet/frying pan on high.
- Place your burgers in the pan and sear each side for approximately 3 minutes for medium rare. (5 minutes on each side for well done)
- Take your burgers off and let them rest on a wooden board for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve your burgers with all your favorite toppings...
- our favorite toppings are...
- Caramelized Onions, avocado, bacon, beet horseradish mayor tomato, lettuce & pickles!! Yumm.