Southside’s are the drink of the summer here in New York and it has been that way for quite some time. The drink was historically made with gin, lemon and mint, and there is always speculation on where it originally came from – but having worked in a couple of different members clubs on Long Island, I have to say their version of the story is quite compelling! We always made it with Rum or Vodka and our 2016 version has a slight twist by adding the infused vodka. Strawberry season was abundant this year and we couldn’t resist mixing up some fresh ones and some gorgeous mint leaves into some Smugglers Notch Vermont vodka. (http://www.ivgreenhouse.com/july-infusions/) What we came up with was a perfect Summer afternoon sipper, and we thought, what better way to end this glorious season than with a mid-week refresher of an IVgreenhouse Southside.
Enjoy one while you get ready to say hasta luego to this Beautiful Summer.
- 2.5 oz. strawberry mint infused vodka
- 1.5 oz. sour mix
- Club soda
- Mint Sprig
- Put the strawberry mint infused vodka into your shaker
- Add sour mix
- Add ice to the top & shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with Ice
- Top with club soda or sparkling water
- Give it a final stir and garnish with a mint sprig