Risotto always makes me think of my sister – when she was at secondary school, she learnt how to make an amazing Risotto – with melon! It was so good that we kept requesting it for dinner!! Therefore I love risotto & I think I might have mentioned that we LOVE mushrooms too, so it was a no brainer to add some sautéed mushrooms and a dash of truffle oil to this risotto base – but really you can replace the mushrooms with anything, including melon! Let me know what you add to yours to make it your own!!
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 1 small knob of butter & 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 celery sticks finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 400g aborio rice (risotto/sushi)
- 2 full wine glasses of white wine
- 1 knob of butter
- 90g parmesan cheese – grated
- heat stock in a pan on its own.
- In another pan heat the olive oil & butter – add the vegetables and fry very slowly (for about 15mins) until soft but not brown.
- Add rice and turn up the heat.
- Keep stirring the rice until it becomes translucent.
- Add wine & stir until cooked into rice
- Add stock ONE LADLE at a time and turn heat to simmer – wait for each ladle full to absorb completely before adding the next.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Remove from the heat and add butter, parmesan & pepper
- Option – add sautéed mushrooms & a dash of truffle oil!
- Put a lid on the pan and let it stand for 2 minutes & serve!