We LOVE Kombucha! Not that we would have ever found out about it if it wasn’t for my sister, she had been telling me about it for probably 6 months at least, before I dared to try it. I feel like its one of those things that sounds pretty intimidating but is actually so delicious – but I will pass on her tip to you…make sure you start with the Gingerade (preferably by GT’s). It will almost definitely begin a love affair you didn’t even know you wanted! After sticking with the Gingerade for the first couple of weeks we started venturing into all the different flavors – some with great results (such as the Mango, Trilogy & Strawberry) and some not so great (we won’t name any names!)!
Of course we started thinking about how great Kombucha would be in cocktails – so we would like to introduce the Kombucha Mangorita. This cocktail also uses one of our favorite new infusions, the Mango Habanero Tequila (Check out how to make that here: http://www.ivgreenhouse.com/july-infusions/)
- 1 Mango
- 2 cups Ice
- 0.5 lime juice squeezed
- 2 oz. Infused mango Habanero Tequila
- GT's Mystic Mango kombucha
- Spicy Salt for the Rim (We use Salt, Cayenne & paprika)
- Make the mango puree by putting ingredients into a blender and blending until smooth (This will make enough puree for a few rounds!)
- Rim your chosen rocks glass with your spicy salt
- Add 2 oz. Infused tequila
- Add 1 tbsp Mango puree (or two heaped bar spoons)
- Stir to combine
- Fill with ice, stir again
- Top with kombucha and give it one final stir
- Sit back and Enjoy your summery sensation!