The Old Fashioned – Allen’s favorite drink, maybe because he is old fashioned? Someone once said ‘you look like you just walked right out of the 1940’s’ to him, when he was at work. I think they may have a point. Let us know how you like our classic old fashioned!
The Classic Old Fashioned
- 2 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 1 brown sugar cube
- 2 dash Angostura Bitters
- 3 dash Regans #6 Orange Bitters
- splash of soda
- 1 orange slice
- Put the sugar cube into your mixing glass, add both types of bitters and then top with water so that you can just see the top of the sugar cubes.
- Add a splash of soda now – this is to help break the sugar cubes down faster.
- add the orange slice and begin muddling – enough to lightly bruise the outer peel of the orange slice.
- Now stir with your mixing spoon to make sure well combined.
- Add 2 oz. rye & 4 Ice cubes and stir with your spoon to chill the liquid.
- Fill your Old Fashioned Rocks glass with fresh ice cubes to the top and strain your liquid into it.
- Garnish with a fresh orange slice, a lemon twist (if desired) & a cherry (we prefer Luxardo soaked cherries!) and enjoy whilst listening to some records from the 40’s!