Coconuts, coconuts, coconuts! I mean, they are pretty much the best, right? The smell alone can take you around the world & the flavor goes with almost everything (in our opinion!) After coming back from Costa Rica a couple weeks ago, we’ve been missing the side of the road coconut stalls like nobody’s business! Being able to have someone drill a hole, stick a straw into one and pass it to you whenever you were on your way to dehydration was awesome! I guess we’ll have to settle for Coconut Water now we’re back, beggars and all that!
These bars on the other hand, will transport you to paradise – They only have 4 ingredients and the only thing that is difficult about them is waiting an hour for them to harden in the freezer! Wait till you hear the ingredient list too…coconut, coconut oil, agave & sea salt chocolate…that’s it, for reals!! So Easy you should probably scroll on down to the recipe and make them right now, they are awesome! We recommend having them as an energy boosting snack or a lunchtime dessert!
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 0.25 cup agave syrup
- pinch salt
- 120g mixture of (Lindt) sea-salt chocolate & 90% dark chocolate
- Mix all the ingredients except for the chocolate together in a mixing bowl until well combined - don't worry if your mixture looks browner than you expect - it will whiten back up when it cools)
- Put your mixture into a small pyrex rectangle dish lined with parchment paper and press down until you form an even layer
- Place this into the freezer for at least one hour so that it hardens
- When you remove this from the freezer - melt your chocolate either in a dual saucepan or in the microwave and drizzle on top of your coconut layer, use a spatula if necessary to even out the layer
- Sprinkle with Maldon (or another large flake) sea-salt
- Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes and slice your bar into squares - enjoy them right away or keep them in the refrigerator!
- I sometimes like to cut them into about 24 pieces and serve as bitesize pieces!