Do you always (like me) let a couple of bananas go bad without noticing? Well this is a recipe for you, a no-fail banana bread recipe – promise! Its deliciously crusty on the outside & equally fluffy and moist on the inside. I can tell you that every time I have made this for my family or friends it has disappeared before the afternoon is over! It can also double as a (very) cheeky breakfast item with some nut or fruit butter! It’s the perfect homemade house warming gift also.
Enjoy & let me know what you think!
- 4 bananas, mashed (the more ripe, the better!)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 0.5 cups of butter (or 1 stick)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Cream the butter & sugar together (I use a kitchen aid but you can do it by hand)
- Add eggs & the crushed bananas and beat until well combined
- Mix the flour, salt & baking soda together and then sift into the creamed mixture and fold in.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix
- Pour into a lightly greased (or non-stick) loaf tin
- Bake in the oven for 60 Minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for at least 10 mins before cutting into it and enjoying it warm!